1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass LMII effects loop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B String, Jul 19, 2007.

1. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I don't mean to be an idiot, but can someone tell me the
    difference between an effects loop thats in series or
    parallel. How would they function differently from eachother?
    Also, which one is being used in the LMII head?

2. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    It's wired in parallel from the factory. Your signal splits - it goes through the loop, plus it bypasses the loop and goes to the amp. That way, if something in your effects loop crashes, you still have signal. However, not all of your signal is effected, and that has a certain sound.

Series would be where your signal only goes out the loop, into your effects, back into the loop and to the amp. So, if your little Boss pedal's battery dies, your whole train gets derailed.

It's an easy change to make with jumpers, but I'd probably say not to unless you really know what you're doing.

(Hopefully I've described it accurately, or someone else can correct me)

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I am quite comfortable doing stuff like that. I want to switch the jumpers to make my FX loop in series and also to make the XLR line out pre-EQ. Do you know where the jumpers are and which way to move/adjust them? Thanks!

4. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    If you take the top off, you can see them with relative ease. The series/parallel jumper is right near the jacks at the back. I forget where the DI jumper is, but it is clearly marked - both what it is and how to set the jumper. The inside of the LMII is very cleanly layed-out.