1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass LMII Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassgod76, Jan 11, 2013.

1. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Why is it that the 500 watt Markbass LMII has one speaker output, but the GK MB500 has two?

Thoughts?

2. The LMIII has two speaker outputs... a speakon combo jack output (you can use speakon or 1/4" speaker cables) and a 1/4" output. Kind of strange (why not just two combo jacks like the F1 and F500, for example), but minor deal.

Virtually all cabs these days have dual speakon in/outs, so as long as you have one speakon output on the amp, you can just daisy chain the cabs and use the secure, reliable and safer Speakon cables. This is literally identical to running a cable from each output of the amp.

GREAT sounding head if you are looking for relatively neutral but warm tone. Clean but not sterile, and plenty of wump.

3. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    I thought the idea that most cabs can be daisy chained was the thought when they made the LMII.

I'm kicking around the idea of selling my Eden head and going to a micro like the LMII, GK MB500, or GB Shuttle 9.0

4. Lots of nice amps out there now, and they all sound quite different. Lots of reviews and tone descriptions and some clips if you go to the mega threads on the various amps.

Quite a few Eden guys moved over to the Genz stuff when Eden kind of imploded a number of years ago. The Shuttle Max 9.2 is a nice alternative to the WT550 and WT800 IMO.... not a micro, but very lightweight, and KILLER EQ.

5. bassgod76

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    My Eden is circa 2000 when they were made in Montrose, MN. I'm the original owner, so it's sentimental to me. However, it's 18 lbs, and a GB 9.0 shuttle is like 4.

I bought a GK MB200 recently, and was amazed at how well it sounded and its power.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021