1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass LMII V SA450

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Murf, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hi Guys 'n Gals,
    Need some advice from Markbass owners...I'm hearing lots of great things about the Little Mark II and I was wondering basically why should I spend the extra few quid on the SA450 over the Little Mark..seeing as they have similar specs?

I have a healthy budget and I'm drawn to the Markbass line I'm just wondering what does the SA450 have that the LMII dosent.

cheers in advance

Murf

2. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    About double the power. Check www.markbass.it for the specs.

You buy stuff with squid over there? Is that a form of currency? ;)

3. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Actually the LMII and the SA450 put out the same power. Significant differences: the SA450 has semi-parametric mids, a volume control for the line out, the ability to make the line out pre or post EQ and 2 speakon connectors (which double as quarter inch connections) The LMII's line out is only post-EQ (but can be modified to be only pre-EQ), has no line out volume control, and has one speakon (which also doubles as quarter inch connection) and one quarter inch speaker connection.

4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Just what i was going to say.

Also the EQ frequencies are slightly different, as are some of the input/output voltages according to the MB website.

I went for the SA450 because of the extra mid control to help tame my 1210's mid bump. Now i use it to add extra low mid (100hz) to give my MB 151P extra punch so for me the SA450 is better than the LMII although i have thought of getting one because of the size.