1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass LMII with ears, Markbass TA501, Mesa BB750

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Saluki, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Just recently aquired the Markbass TA501 and BB750 to test against my trusty MB LMII and after the testing..I love them all, but can keep only one. So here's the deal you decide. All of them are great condition 9++ on all. Both Markbass amps come with the MB rack ears (yes the PIA to get ones). The LMII comes with the manual and original box. The Mesa is the newer one that has the push/pull knobs for mute and overdrive and includes the footswitch. Prices are firm and as far as trades the only thing that might tempt me is a mesa 12 powerhouse, aguilar DB112s, bergantino HT112 ER, or maybe a mesa carbine amp.

MB LMII - $525 shipped with ears
    MB TA501 - $675 shipped with ears
    Mesa BB750 -$825 shipped with pedal

2. lvsjr

lvsjr Guest

Aug 19, 2006
    Would you trade for an Epifani 902?Both Marks

3. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    pm sent

4. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger

Dec 10, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    ... I REALLY want that TA501 ... but I've gotta wait until Oct. 10 for funds. Waaah!

5. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Bumpity bump

6. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Can you tell me more about the MB TA501? I currently use a GBE 1200 into a Berg NV610 and I also have a berg ht210s 4 ohm. Looking for a smaller amp for that. What are the allowable impedences? Do you have a choice between tube and SS on pre?
    Thanks
    Peter

7. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    LMII is gone pending the echeck.

8. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    So, you only selling one out of three?

9. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    No the BB750 and the TA501 are still both for sale, but I am kind of hoping the TA501 goes first as I am getting attached to the BB750 (it is in the rack now). As far as the TA501 sound goes. I would suggest that it sounds more similiar to the LMII than drastically different. It has a little more tube warmth and is a little less Hi-fi sounding. Maybe a little more give, but not quite the same as a hybrid and certainly less than a full tube. It is a nice compromise between the hybrids and solid states. The compressor is also a really nice feature. The TA501 also has the pre/post switch and a more flexible EQ, which the LMII does not have.

10. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    LMII is bye-bye. TA501 is still available and BB750 is kinda on hold. TA501 is $675 shipped with ears by echeck or will consider single 12" cabs as partial trades. Aguilar DB112 stack would be ideal:D

11. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P. Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP
    Is the BB750 still available?

12. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Yes, but reluctantly. I am diggin it more than the TA501 right now and the TA501 might be gone soon, ad I have to have one to gig with.

13. The Mac

The Mac

Jul 14, 2007
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Saluki, I feel your pain on keepin ur BB750. I have one and I was thinkin about pickin up ur TA-501 but I am lovin the BB750 sound!!! Running it thru a Schroeder 1210 and it is SWEET!! Good luck on ur sale!!

14. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    TA 501 is gone so BB750 stays for now:hyper:. Thanks guys.