1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MarkBass LMIII- EQ Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CLMSHQ, Oct 18, 2013.

1. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    The EQ on the LMIII...

If the Mid-Low is 360Hz at noon...how would I get say 250Hz..Would that be closer to 10 O'clock or 2 O'clock?

Same with High Mid...800Hz at noon..10 or 2 O'clock to get closer to 600Hz?

Sorry if it is a simple question, but really trying to find that old school sound from my P...Jazz is pretty much centered, and no issues.

Thanks!

2. xk49w

xk49w

Apr 13, 2008
    You can't. They only boost and cut at those freqs. No tuning of the freqs is provided.

3. +1 to the above post. That low mid (and hi mid) has a fixed center point. I find the hi mid control on the LMII/III to be pretty much in the right place, but the lo mid to be centered a bit too high to really dial up the burp if you have a cab that doesn't have good low mid punch voiced into it.

With your P, try the lo mid, hi mid and treble flat at noon, VPF off (always!), bass cut to 11 o'clock, and the VLE at 10 o'clock. Then crank up the master.

4. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    IME, the high mid sits perfect for both stock and EMG Jazz P/U into any speaker I have tried it through. For P bass it is harder to get that thick, supportive tone, at least unless the speaker is not voiced in such a way.