1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass LMK eq mod

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SteveMoodie, May 15, 2011.

1. SteveMoodie

SteveMoodie

Oct 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    I've got the dual channel version of the LMII (called LMK). I don't use the two channels anymore so I was looking at getting another Markbass amp that has more tonal control. But then I had an idea... what if I could change the eq values of the second channel and blend them together giving me way more EQ options. I've talked to an audio technician who says he can change the values easily.

- I was thinking of leaving the Low were it is cause I'm a bit scared of shifting a shelving EQ....
    - Low-mids to around 100 hz.
    - High-mids to around 2000 hz
    - High to around 5000 hz

(So I'd have control over 40, 100, 380, 800, 2k, 5k, 10k)

What do you guys think? Any problems you can think of?

Cheers
    Steve

2. SteveMoodie

SteveMoodie

Oct 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    Anyone?

3. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I think you will love the 100Hz value, at least I do, and I wish I could dial it in specifically on my LMII. One of the sliders on my old Trace GP7SM was 100Hz. I always used it for punch.

4. My first though is why mess with an amp that's working properly. You'll kill the value on resale. If you break it it'll will be almost impossible to repair.

5. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I'm not sure how it would work blending two channels on an amp with different EQ but if it's easy to do you can always change it back.

I've thought about changing the treble value on my bass because it sits right in the same place as the highs on the amp.