1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MarkBass MB Mini Boost .... hiss normal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by robbroncs, Jan 4, 2017.

1. robbroncs

robbroncs

Jul 12, 2012
    NJ
    I use a boost at the end of my chain just to help "boost" anything i lost on the way. plus it helps me use less Gain on my amp, which could get dirtier than desired.

now, obviously, a boost will help raise overall volume. however, when mine is engaged, i get a quite noticeable noisy hiss. and my pot is only at 3 o'clock.

is that normal with boosts? i'm using an MXR ISO Brick on all of my pedals. and that's the only one that gives me a loud hum when used.

2. The Markbass is regarded as being very hi fi and ultra low noise. So no, your pedal is not behaving normally. Have you tried it with a 9v battery? It could be you Iso brick's supply interfering with your MB pedal.

3. robbroncs

robbroncs

Jul 12, 2012
    NJ

hmmm. i tried removing it from the board completely. placing it 5 feet away with new cables, and a separate power supply. still getting that hiss.

is it possible it's just boosting a hiss from my chain, that i don't even hear when i crank my amp?...you'd think id hear something.