1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass Mini 151p with NY 804?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by littlebooner, Jul 28, 2012.

1. littlebooner

littlebooner

Jan 27, 2012
    Kelowna, BC
    Hey guys,

First time posting but have really enjoyed learning from everyone's posts for quite a while though

Im looking into picking up a Markbass Mini 151p combo in the near future. Either than just liking markbass amps, I like the idea of being able to add a cabinet to this combo rather than grabbing a whole new setup down the road for bigger venues. Not sold on having 2 15s, but like the idea of the New York 804. It's 8 ohms, which is great, but the speakers have twice the power handling as the 15 in the combo. Is that an issue?

2. Stick with MATCHING cabs.

Mixing speaker sizes can have lots of potential problems, power distribution being just one of them.

3. littlebooner

littlebooner

Jan 27, 2012
    Kelowna, BC
    Okay, I'm going to clarify my question(s)...
    What does "Power Handling" refer to?
    Is it as obvious as it sounds i.e. how much power it can handle from the amp?
    Or does it affect how much power it draws from the amp. i.e. A cabinet with an 800 watt power handling sucks more power than one with a 400 watt rating even with an equal impedance?

I know there's a enough guys who use a mix of cabinets, having something like a 1x15 and 4x10. Just trying to figure out what specifications are going to affect whether mixing which cabinets work.

Thanks in advance for the help...

4. From this thread

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 matched cabs ALWAYS pair well.