1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass MK II Little Bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by eadg52, Nov 7, 2006.

1. eadg52

eadg52

Oct 17, 2006
    Liverpool, UK.
    Hi, has anyone tried one of these with an upright? There's quite a bit in the archives (mostly positive) for BG but a current user with a DB would shed some light on my query much better.
    Thanks!

Steve

2. macmrkt

macmrkt Inactive

Dec 4, 2002
    Yes - I wrote a big review of it a while back for DB. It's a winner - I sold my Acoustic Image Series 2 heads and 2005 edition Walter Woods heads once I got the Markbass heads. Not that those other heads aren't good - they are - just that I thought on balance, the Markbass was a tad better IMHO. And when you factor in its price, size, construction, availability...it's a top choice for DB and a BG.

3. eadg52

eadg52

Oct 17, 2006
    Liverpool, UK.
    Thanks for the heads up, I have my eye on one off ebay if the price is right at the auction end. The small size really appeals, it would enable me to utilise the speakers in my Ashdown combo without too much trouble.

Steve

4. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    Markbass Amps are fantastic .
    IMO perfect för DB since they dont color the sound at all , very transparent.
    And for DBplayers , the XLR-in contact is great if you want another MIC.

5. brusinow

brusinow

Dec 15, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    hey all,

Slightly random question, but on topic-do any of you LMII owners know if the unit has any screw holes in the bottom for mounting on a universal rack shelf rather than with the rack ears? I have a 3 space rack bag and wanted to research the idea of mounting a LMII on a shelf next to my Raven Labs PMB-I, with a power conditioner above them.

Thanks.