1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass New York 804

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 1stchopper, Mar 4, 2013.

1. 1stchopper

1stchopper

Jun 15, 2006
    Need some opinions on the markbass new york 804. Also, head recommendations (looking at tube 800)

2. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    I have not tried the 804, but if it helps, I run a pair of 604's and they are sound great. I know the MB cabs don't get too much love here but between the sound and size they are solid all the way around. I would imagine that the 804 is as good or better than the 604. Good luck.

3. 1stchopper

1stchopper

Jun 15, 2006
    Any one else use the 804 here?

4. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    For me it's just like the company pitch says a smaller, lighter alternative to a 4x10. No problem at all producing lots of low end...definitely has the typical MB low mid thing going on. I'm using it with a 1x15 for the uber-loud rock gig and by itself for everything else. It's very impressive by itself. Two of them and the Tube 800 (I'm using a TTE 800) would be serious overkill for most situations this side of a sports arena.

5. malpasso

malpasso

Apr 24, 2005
    I'd like to retake this thread. Any more recent experiences with the Markbass ny 804?:bag: