1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass Octaver, why did they stop making it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ficelles, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Ever since I put a Future Impact in place of my Markbass Super Synth I have missed the octaver from the SS... so I managed to pick up a Markbass Octaver s/h and it is just as good as the one in the SS (presumably the same circuit).

Excellent tracking but the a lot of pedals have that, octave tone is subjective but I like the sound, what makes it different though is that it continues to track your original note with long decaying notes on fretless, which most other octave pedals wont.

And it's a neat little pedal unlike some of the gargantuan monstrosities out there so is pedalboard friendly... as long as you can live with the garish yellow finish of course.

Just wondering why MarkBass stopped making their separate pedals range? I think they are just down to the reduced footprint Super Synth and the Compressore now...

pfinn likes this.
  2. pfinn

pfinn

Nov 18, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    I have been using a Super Synth for years and am very intrigued by the Future Impact. From watching videos it seems like it tracks better than the Markbass. I have only connected the Supersynth to the computer a couple times and found the whole process to be wonky because I couldn't hear my edits in real time. In general I like this pedal, but as always, on the search!

3. 76jazzbass

76jazzbass Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2008
    NJ
    It's hard to beat a Super Synth for the price that you can get them. However the FI has much more variety in tones and can do so much more. It depends on your needs but it's worth the additional cost IMO.

4. Tori2013

Tori2013

Aug 28, 2015
    You can hear your edits on the fly with the SS.