1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MarkBass or Hartke?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikeguyfriend, Dec 10, 2017.

1. mikeguyfriend

mikeguyfriend

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeast
  2. Given those two choices...Hartke!

Never been able to get a sound I like out of any Markbass product...

mikeguyfriend likes this.
  3. I really like Hartke, but I never liked how much they weighed. This new line of theirs is lighter, but I have no experience with them, so I am interested in your review (if you choose Hartke). I have Markbass combos & cabs and I really like these. The sound is neutral, but if you mess with the VLE & VPF knobs, it adds more color. I don't really use them, but I do use a Fulltone OCD (Overdrive) that colors the sound and gives me what I am looking for. I really like that Markbass is a "blank canvas" in regards to sound, but some people don't. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! It is the mantra of all wise musicians.

4. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I use Hartke and I like it.

Besides aluminum is a neutral color. It will coordinate with anything.
    Yellow, not so much.

5. mojomike001

mojomike001

Mar 28, 2013
    South Florida
    I’ve always heard that Hartke speakers blow out easily, but I have no first-hand experience with them.

6. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I like the Hydrive cab and the weight but I would be wary of the class D amp they are using.

7. twbassman

twbassman

Jul 16, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    An older thread. I have played both extensively. I switched to MarkBass. Better tone, lighter, I like the yellow color. For me, this is a loud amp. Yet, it is clear. Settings are everything.