1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MarkBass Question?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flatwoundround, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Flatwoundround

Flatwoundround

May 18, 2014
    I have an Ibanez Soungear 500 bass with Labella Deep Talkin Bass Flats and my Amp is a 200 watt Markbass Combo with 1 15 inch speaker.

Tonight I bought a Fender Rumble 500 watt bass amp but will be returning back to Sam Ash tomorrow. The Fender has 2 10 inch speakers and just does not have the lower bassy sound that the 15 markbass has.

Okay, so finally I am getting to my question. In my never ending quest for divine tone coupled with lighter weight mobility and plenty of volume I am considering getting the higher end 300 watt Markbass 15 inch combo (the Jeff Berlin endorsed model that he uses - about twice the cost of the cheaper one I have).

Does anyone know how much better and louder the higher end 15 combo (the one Jeff Berlin uses) is vs the lower end model that I have?

I will probably just end up buying it and falling in love with it but the price is about $1,100 and was hoping someone could help me convince myself to do it since you only live to play bass once.

2. I absolutely love my Berlin combo . After adding the NY151 extension cab I am amp gas free . This rig sounds great for me with every bass in my collection.

3. I sure like Markbass more than Fender. I´d say stay with the Markbass, it´s great!