MarkBass Randy Jacksoon TTE500 VS Mesa Subway D-800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassworship1, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I'm thinking about going with one of these for my next amp purchase. I want a warm, clear and punchy sound. I'm currently using a TC Electronic RH450 and like it but want to upgrade. From my reading reviews these are the 2 I like most in my price range. How would they compare and which would give me more bang for my buck.

Side note the cabs I have right now are TC RS212 and TC RS410.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Genzler Magellan 800 :)

ExaltBass and campbems like this.
  3. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    mmbongo,

I know nothing about them but will check them out on your recommendation.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Genzler Amplification ! New Genz Benz ?
    Awesome stuff, and at this point I would pick it over the Mesa because of the voicing and drive controls of the Genzler, plus Jeff is an awesome guy and a TB supporter.

If you get a Genzler from www.bassstringsonline.com it will be cheaper than the Mesa, as he has special pricing for TB members!

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mesa also has a presence here - a couple actually.

murphy and outoftune like this.
  6. imdkoz

imdkoz Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Tennessee
    Just checking to see what you ended up with... I have a TC RH450 with 2 RS212 and after playing through a Markbass CMD 102P a few weekends ago I'm thinking of an upgrade as well.

Thanks.

7. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I still have my TC RS212 and 410 cabs but have a new Mesa D-800 head and i'm telling you it made a world of difference in the overall tone. This is the best Bass sound I've ever had. I'm going to eventually buy a Mesa Subway 115 and 112 cab because they say they are even better. I played in a huge Forum this past weekend and this combination along with very little help from the house system sounded great.

8. imdkoz

imdkoz Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the reply. Like I said I played that Markbass combo and was really impressed. I have a buddy that going to let me AB my TC gear against his LMIII and 210 traveler cab tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I was looking close at the Mesa and the ease of use.

Congrats!

9. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I've owned the Markbass 102 combo amp for years and honestly this Mesa d-800 blows it away. If you get a chance try one. They are worth the money.

10. imdkoz

imdkoz Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Tennessee
    Really??? WOW - I'll have to check one out if I get the chance. I've been doing shows with my TC rig for the last 3+ years so I think it's time for a change. :)

campbems likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2022