1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass Sa 450 and Trace Elliot 1048H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by c0RpSe, May 6, 2006.

1. c0RpSe

c0RpSe

May 12, 2004
    Slovenia
    Hy there! I am thinking about buying this Markbass head and combine it with Trace. But first of all I would like to gather some information from you guys. How much is used Trace 1048h worth? The guy who's selling it told me that I should put the price and then we'll try to settle the price... And is this Markbass head ok? I play in pagan metal band and I mostly like middles and maybe low-middles. Will this rig be ok? I currently own 1x15 combo but there is too much bass tones so I don't like it very much. Oh and I have 4-stringer if it's maybe improtant. I'm sorry if this kind of thread already exist but I looked and didn't find anything that would really answer my questions. Thanx in advance!

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Sounds like a great combo...
    It will be very loud!

How old is the cab?...If it is within the last decade , should be good.
    I see them between 300 to 400 dollars used.....maybe more??

Is the Mark bass the newer model...much better sound :bassist:

More info is needed

3. c0RpSe

c0RpSe

May 12, 2004
    Slovenia
    so I sent them emails... guy who owns Trace is second owner so he doesn't know exactly how old it is, but I'll post the picture here...it doesn't look old to me. He wants 375 € for it, what isn't so much imo but what do you guys think?

as for the markbass. It's from new era line (orange ones) and the guy wants for it 415€ for it? Is this too much? It seems ok to me.

Trace Elliot 1048H (picture I mentioned before):
    [​IMG]

4. basspunk2005

basspunk2005 Guest

Jan 31, 2005
    Looks nice mate, I have two Trace elliot 4x10s and they are both great. Looks like this one is in good condition as well. If you can get it I say go for it, I got my TE cabs one for £250used in good condition and £175 for the other which is a bit battered. I dont know any info on the head so sorry about that. But from experiance with owning two of these cabs at the same time(and run them together:D) I know that they are really good. Downside to the cab is its quite heavy, Im looking to put some small casters/wheels onto mine to make it easier to move them around. Gd luck:) Just looked at the pic again and yes that one has the casters/wheels, that will help when trying to move it around:D

Gd luck mate

5. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    The price for the head seems to be fair.

6. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    The head is fantastic. i have one running into a 1210 at 500watts 4ohms and its so loud i can drown out both my drummers (not that i need to).
    So far i have hardly used the EQ, sticking to the two filters and i can get quite a few different, usable tones although i dont play anything heavier than Bon jovi / The Darkness. it has a clean but solid sound. Not Hi-Fi but im not sure if its dirty enough for metal.

7. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I agree about the head...I love mine:hyper:
    Cab looks in good shape.
    I know things are more expensive over there , so can't comment on price

I am sure it will be a killer combo:bassist:

8. c0RpSe

c0RpSe

May 12, 2004
    Slovenia
    ok thanx for the comments! (any new ones will be also much appreciated ;) ).

dave_bass: I play metal, but we aren't one of those bands who are hitting low b strings all the time ;) and we aren't so growly afterall. (we play pagan metal if you know how that sounds) How are mids? Do they sound good? (I love mids... :)

9. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Oh ok. i dont relly know what pagan metal is but ill look in to it. sounds interesting.
    The mids i assume are great on the SA450. There is a 2 band parametric EQ that overlap so its very versatile. the reason i say "i assume" is that my 1210 is very mid sounding anyway so i cant tell if its the amp or not. i played my SA450 through a Peavey 4x10 at a rehearsal the other night and it still didnt need a lot of EQ change to sound good so i guess you really need to try it. i think the MB amps are built to be uncoloured so you can get a wide range of tones without the colouring that some other amps are known for.
    At my next gig ill be playing my Jazz into a SBDDI copy to get a bit of grit for some of the heavier songs but so far its the best sounding amp i have ever had (I got rid of my ABM to get this).