1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass servicing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fnsweeeet, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I really want to buy a used Markbass 2x10 combo, but it's out of warranty, and I don't know my behind from an electron (or stream of electrons). Does anyone have any experience getting their Markbass serviced in the US? I have an eerie feeling that, being relatively small and several thousand miles away and relegated to Guitar Scam, I mean Guitar Center, that basic repairs could get pricey. They certainly sound excellent, but I've never dealt with their technicians or customer service before. If anyone has any experience or anecdotal advice, please let me know. Thanks!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The amp repair place is High Tech Electronics in Lawrence, MA. Good place. I had a problem once...took a little bit longer than it should have, but it wasn't their fault...it was a supply thing. I am the only person I know of who's needed a repair, though.

3. I don't know anything about servicing them, but I've given my mini CMD112 a good thrashing at least once a week for about a year and a half, and it hasn't had a problem (touch wood).

4. thanks . . . bump?

5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    From what I understand Markbass reliability rating is extremely good. Lots of threads on TB about this or that brand breaking and having great service but very, very few if any on MB.