1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass Super Booster power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Heretoask1q, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Heretoask1q

Heretoask1q

Aug 12, 2018
    I've been using the Super Booster on my pedal chain at 9 volts for a good couple of years now. I just recently noticed that is supposed to use a 12-volt power supply. Now, it has been working fine at 9 volts. But, am I damaging the unit? Should I be worried? Everything seems to be working fine. Thank you

2. I used mine at 9 volts for years without it doing anything to the pedal. It's a handy unit.

3. Back in the day when I used it I didn't have an appropriate power supply so I just used the 9V. When asking MB they answered that it works, but has a little bit more headroom. I then bought a bigger power supply, connected it to the 12V outlet and didn't notice any difference at all.

4. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Really? Ive has this pedal for years. It’s my DI Box/cab sim (using the VLE), and a boost if needed. All this time I’ve been cursing the stupid power needs of this pedal.

5. Heretoask1q

Heretoask1q

Aug 12, 2018
    I actually came upon that solution by accident. I never knew it needed a 12V power source. I just bought it and threw it straight on my Livewire 9V daisy chain and it worked, so I figured it was cool. Honestly never had an issue with it. I just wanted to know the difference between the 9V power and 12V power draw. And make sure I'm not breaking it haha