1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MarkBass Super Synth User Presets/Help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by twancakes, Jul 22, 2012.

1. twancakes

twancakes

Jul 22, 2012
    I purchased the Super Synth today because it seems like it has a lot of potential. I've never really messed around with effects before and I don't really know what I'm doing when I'm trying to edit the sounds in the software.

Also, all the forums seem to be just about what people like or dislike about the pedal. Would anyone be willing to share some user presets that you have come up with maybe via a screenshot or something?

2. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    ManuelR likes this.
  3. Mister_argentum

Mister_argentum

Aug 30, 2011
    Geneva
    Yeah, take a look at the super synth thread.

Let me tell you that three things are very important for this pedal to work properly:

1 - Set the right gain for you bass.

2 - In the pedal controller set the note in level properly.

3 In the pedal controller set the note out level properly.

If you set note in too low, the synth will track everything you play, even some random noise your fretting hand may make. If it is too high the synth will not trigger at all. Set it somewhere in between according with the strength of your playing.

Another crucial parameter is the note off. Sometimes you may like to play very fast lines with fast envelope re-triggering ,for those lines it is best that the synth re-triggers as quickly as possible. In order to do so put a high note out level (even higher than your note in). Once again, if you put the note out level too high, you will lose all your sustain and not even listen to the attack of the note so you have to be careful with that.

If you manage to correctly set this three parameters you will have flawless tracking.

Best,

M.

4. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    Good advice. I'll add one more. If you want to hear the effect of the Attack and Decay knobs (in the controller software), turn down the Amp Dynamic and Filter Dynamic knobs and turn up the Envelope knob. These Dynamic knobs tend to hide the effect of the envelope.

To get into deeper programming with the controller software, turn the Tone knob to User and click the Oscillators tab to fiddle with interesting stuff.