1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass Superbooster mod - add extra footswitch?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AndrewChalloner, Dec 21, 2016.

1. AndrewChalloner

AndrewChalloner

Feb 23, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Markbass Amplification
    Hi talkbassers, I've got a Markbass superbooster that I'd like to add an extra footswitch to. I'm not very techy so was just wondering if it's possible?

Currently there's one footswitch for the boost and the other one controls both the VPF (Scooped sound) and the VLE (highs rolloff like a tone control). I was hoping to have seperate footswitches for the VPF and VLE aswell as the regular footswitch for the boost. There looks to be enough space for the extra switch right in the middle of the pedal in the raised section, and there seems to be enough internal room too.

Does anyone mod pedals often? Had any success or does it get too complicated with printed circuit boards etc?
    With all the time and effort and cost (I'd be getting a tech to do it) is it worth it?
    Thanks!

interior-of-the-interior-markbass-Super-Booster.