1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass Traveler 102p + Traveler 151p

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by de@n, Jan 21, 2012.

1. de@n

de@n

Aug 5, 2010
    Slovenia
    Hi!
    I know that there are several threads that address use of 2x10 and 1x15 cabs together.
    Also, I am aware that some among bass players think that mixture of different speaker sizes can cause problems, but anyway...
    I have Markbass Traveler 102p hooked to Markbass LMIII and I am happy with that combination.
    I am planing to buy Traveler 151p to add some bottom.

Do you have any experience with this particular setup?
    What is your opinion?
    Thanks!

2. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Some say it works, some say not. I'm in an inverse situation from you in that I am running a Traveler 151P with my LMIII. I considered adding a 102P, but decided to play it safe and go with another 151P instead. I'd be interested to hear what results you get if you mix them. You will like the 151P alone as well as with your 102P, if you get one. Mine sounds great alone.

3. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I am running those two together and am very happy with the results. I use a couple of preamps and a line mixer to a stereo power amp so I can adjust how much of either preamp goes to either speaker using pan, with the warmer sounds favoring the 15 and the overdriven sounds favoring the 10's, but still blended enough to avoid sounding harsh.

I don't know how well they would work together using the exact same signal. According to folks in these parts that's even worse than when the Ghostbusters cross streams.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Please be aware that the 15 may well give you no more lows than the tens already do. A larger cone does not equate to more lows - that is a myth.

5. de@n

de@n

Aug 5, 2010
    Slovenia
    Thank you for your answers...