1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass Traveler 151p Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrslap50505bass, Jul 31, 2012.

1. mrslap50505bass

mrslap50505bass

Jul 31, 2012
    Hello, I'm pretty new to these forums but I'll try to keep it short.

Recently I bought a bass cabinet, a Markbass Traveler 151p.
    Now, I figured I can plug telecaster cable into it. However, I don't find anywhere to plugin my electricity into it, therefor I can't get any sound :bawl:. It is produced in Italy and I live in sweden if it helps anything.

There are 2 speakon jacks on the back of the amp but it seems like i can connect telecaster cable into them aswell.
    Thanks for help in advance!

2. Turxile

Turxile

May 1, 2011
    Cabs don't plug into electricity. You only have the cab? You will also need an amp head.

3. +1

mrslap50505bass you have bought an unpowered speaker cabinet. You need an amplifier to power that speaker. Connect the amp to the speaker with a speakon cable, and your instrument to the amp with an instrument cable (what you are calling a telecaster cable).

4. mrslap50505bass

mrslap50505bass

Jul 31, 2012

I only have the cab, i thought it was the same thing as a combo just without a built in mixer. What should I do :atoz:? I got a line 6 guitar amp from 3 years ago that I've been playing through til now, however it don't support the lower frequencys so i thought i'd buy a bass amp, so I bought this. What should I do? I can buy speakon cables I guess, is there anyway to power the cab? How much would a decent amp head cost?

5. Turxile

Turxile

May 1, 2011
    The heads should cost about the same as the cab, roughly.
    Can you return it and exchange to a combo?

Check the back of the line 6 amp, maybe it might have an output for an extension cabinet. If so you can connect that for now. It might not sound very good but shouldn't do any harm.

6. You need some sort of amp to make this cabinet work. If you can return it, you could exchange it for a combo. Barring that you will need an amp. I would look for a used amp for now.