1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass traveller 121H versus Epifani UL112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spectre, Feb 17, 2008.

1. spectre

spectre

Feb 17, 2008
    anybody had a chance to a/b these two cabs? i am running a spector eurobass and an acoustic cello through the markbass SA450.

cheers all.

(actually i am also considering the epifani UL110)

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Personally I'd go for the UL112. Epifani cabs just *sound* better to me. I've A/Bed in the store a little bit and UL112 does sound better. If you are into tweeters, epi tweeters are VERY nice. I have on order a UL110 to make a stack with my UL112 (and LMII).

3. spectre

spectre

Feb 17, 2008
    hey thanks for the comment. it's a hard call - the epifani are completely transparent whereas the MB seem to have a bit of natural throaty warmth to them. if i was to go for the epifani, how do you find the UL112 compares to the UL110? i usually use 10" and 18" speakers, and find the 12" and 15" to be just kinda wrongly in the middle somehow ..........

4. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Well, the UL112 is going to be much louder as 12s have 50% more cone area. Its going to be deeper sounding too. OTOH, I'm getting a UL110 because 10s cut better. Also, apparently the UL110 _ UL112 stack is supposed to be louder and sound better (more full range?) than the UL112 stack... as attested to by a few well trusted TBers. For me its also a matter of portability as the 110 and 112 will both fit in the front seat of my toyota. I also like 15s and the epi 15 is awesome. 43LBS and terrific tone. Never tried an 18. the epi UL115 stack would be fantastic. I'd love to go that route but its just a matter of physical space in my car.

To my ears the epi cabs are plenty warm while I find the MB cabs a little too middy at times. That larger MB 112 combo is nice though.