1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass tube 800 tuning mute?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by swmmojo, Oct 16, 2010.

1. swmmojo

swmmojo Be up and doing...

Hi. Sorry if this has been discussed. Is there a mute capability on these amps for tuning? If so how does it work? Is it good? Does it mute the DI and the cab? Thanks!

2. Like all mute switches, it mutes everything except the tuner out.

It is, quite frankly, poorly designed, in that it is a push pull on the master volume, and it is a bit hard to engage the mute without moving the master volume a bit. Strangely enough, the F500, which has the same mute design, has a different knob and a tighter master volume pot, and it works fine.

The mute control on the Momark stuff is more 'standard'... a simple button on/off.

So, if a tuning mute is key for you, there are better options. You can, of course, purchase one of the wonderful new in-line tuners that finally have totally transparent 'true bypass' modes, like the Sonic Turbo Tuner or the Pitch Black, and an amp mute button becomes a non-issue.

Hope that helps, and let me tell you, it is darn nice to be home on a Saturday night for once:D

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, +1 to the tuner pedal option. Korg PitchBlack is $89.

4. swmmojo

I used a Line 6 M9 via FX in/out for my tuner. I'm a doubler so I use one tuner for both basses. Is it safe to assume the mute doesn't impact the FX sends? Thanks for the input.

5. swmmojo

Just curious... Bump... Does the fx send/return get muted when the head is muted? Thanks.