1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass vs Markbass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BioDriver, Dec 6, 2018.

1. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Long story short, I’m in the market for a mini rig that I can use for home practice and smaller gigs, and given my budget I’ve narrowed it down to 2-3 Markbass situations:

1. MB CMD 121P. The darling of the micro combo world, and
    2 A NY121 paired with either a PMIII or
    2a. Big Bang. Leaning toward the latter due to its headphone out.

Has anyone been able to compare these setups and can give some feedback?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    GK MB112 with a powered MB112 cabinet. Or get two of the powered cabs and you still have spent less than the price of a Markbass 121 with an unpowered cab, and you get top quality USA made equipment.

I only recommend this setup because I also considered the 121 Markbass stack, but after trying both the GK was a no brainer.

3. benstormbass

benstormbass Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2018
    San Diego
    As a relatively new Markbass user, I found the CMD151 to be satisfactory for home and small gigs. A lucky find at a local Guitar shop. It is “lightweight” for such a tone monster but really fills up the space. However, I did just order a Traveler 151p for larger gigs/rooms.

4. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    You will fall in love with the rig once you have the extension 151P, guarantee!!

5. benstormbass

benstormbass Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2018
    San Diego
    It’s suppose to arrive Friday, so I’ll send along a pic once I’ve got it setup

6. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I've played my LMIII head through my two 151P cabs, and it sounds huge, even outdoors.