1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass VS Sansamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnnycat42, Aug 11, 2007.

1. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I went from a Tubeworks to a Yorkville to an Ashdown to a GK700RBII that I am now putting up for sale. I have decided I like the SANSAMP better than all of them. My last dual is between a MarkBass and a SANSAMP setup. Totally different, I know. We'll see how it goes. My biggest issue is I am trying to downsize too and most power amps are just too bulky which defeat the purpose. There are very few little power amps which has me looking into the Markbass as well. Any insights on the this duel before I start?

Markbass 121P w/ Avatar SB112 NEO

or

SANSAMP into power amp with 2 Mesa 112 NEO's

2. engedi1

engedi1 Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Nashville
    I think you are really missing out by not including Euphonhic Audio in your search. I have the IAMP 800 and I love it! It only weighs 25 pounds. I run that into two Aguilar GS112's and that is the rig for me. They also make less powerful and lighterweight stuff, such as the IAMP 300 which is truly tiny. ALso, I really am impressed with the Mesa Walkabout, huge sound for a tiny amp. I don't care for Markbass at all, so I can't recommend it.

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I have both, a markbass LMII and sansamp into a power amp and I have to say I like the markbass better, but the sansamp sounds pretty darn good too. btw I am also using two Gs112s with my LMII. Played an outdoor beertent gig at the Illinois state fair yesterday and have several more this week. MY LMII with GS112 x2 and it really did a great job. Got lots of compliments on my rig.

4. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    What is it you hear in MarkBass amps that you didn't like ? I'm always interested in hearing from both sides of the fence.

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    How about an Acoustic Image? Very light.

6. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I thought of that but it seemed very expensive for a power amp. I guess I am kind of cheap in some ways. I mean, I can get a LMII for $600 that I could use just as a power amp as well and have the flexibility of using it's preamp too if wanted.

I already have an Avatar SB112 and a few SANSAMP pedals so I have some of the stuff to build a new rig.

7. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I'm currently using a Mark Bass CMD 121P WITH a Sansamp BDDI. Sounds fantastic. It's mega-light. I'm using the programmable BDDI. With my fretless, I have almost no Sansamp blended in, and with my Jazz Basses I can use a setting with plenty of drive.

8. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Are you using the SANSAMP to color it or as the primary preamp?

9. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I use a Focus, bypassing the pre with either a Sansamp
    Paradriver or a Boss "stomp box" eq in the effects loop, or
    just using the amp with no extras. Lots of sound options.
    Very small, light, flexible rig. I also have an MB 121p mini
    combo. This combo sounds killer using the Boss eq before
    the preamp, and not anywhere as good without it.

10. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    So why not get a MarkBass head. So you can try what you like best: the MB sound, or one of your Sansamp pedals...