1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MarkBass Warranty; New Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lbwdog, Feb 20, 2008.

1. I never had a question about the MB/GC Two Year Performance Guarantee until now.

I bought my first LM II in November, 2007. Shortly thereafter, I received the PG paperwork in the mail and everything seemed to be in order. Experation date was 2009.

In January, after experiencing a minor problem, I swapped it for a new one at GC. No questions asked.
    I just received the PG contract in the mail and now it states that the new amp has only a one year guarantee.

Can anybody enlighten me?......Peter?

2. Good question...

3. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Artist Relations and Social Media Manager, Pigtronix and Supro
    The PG is two years for sure-- I think that you should be covered by the initial PG even on the second amp, since it was swapped, so you should be covered for two years (+60 days) from the original date of purchase.
    Other people reading this, please note that the warranty has changed, and anyone buying Markbass products at Guitar Center now have a 30-day return policy and a 2-year Markbass warranty that basically allows you to exchange any defective product, as long as it's not failing due to misuse or abuse.

If you want to clarify this further, you should email Brian Harsh at Guitar Center--PM me if you want his email address.

Cheers,
    Peter

4. Actually, I was mistaken about the first contract expiring in 2009. On both contracts, there are two dates in the "Expiration Date " section. One is one year from purchase date and the other is three years from purchase date. Anyone got any ideas?
    Here is a link to a scanned copy of both. You may have to enlarge it to read the dates.
    I have emailed Peter Murray and hope to hear from him shortly.