1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MARKBASS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by esweeney, Nov 21, 2010.

1. esweeney

esweeney

Jun 1, 2010
    bitches...what's the consensus on markbass products? i recently bought the markbass little mark III head. i've only played out with it twice so far. i'm a new bass player, so i'm still trying to figure out what sound suits me best. it sounded great both performances, but i'm still not sold on this brand. i am looking to buy a speaker cabinet and i want to hear what you guys think before i go test out some cabs... i'm just confused!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Seriously? Markbass is one of the most talked about brands on this board. Do a quick search for thousands of threads.

3. renniw

renniw

Nov 30, 2004
    Lévis (Québec)
    I brought back to the store my ampeg SVT4-PRO with a JBL 2*15 cabinet for a Little Mark III + Bergantino AE410.

Not a thousand of second of regrets.

Best setup I ever had.

4. Bitches? :meh:

I have a Markbass Combo that I like very much...Their cabs are expensive...but Match with the amps and you don't have to worry about something going wrong...I see many guys mixing and matching other brands so if you do a search you can find different configurations...You could have one single Epifani 12" or a 4 x 10" cab so it all depends.

5. RFord04

RFord04

Apr 8, 2009
    Flint, Michigan
    I can't believe anyone actually responded seriously to a post that started off addressing everyone here as "bitches."

:-/

6. esweeney

esweeney

Jun 1, 2010
    bitches = endearing term! apparently my search skills are lame, but i just found the engine "search forums with google' and found what i was looking for.

but keep the responses coming every ounce of info helps. researching equipment can be overwhelming when i hardly know what i'm talking about.

by the way, i just found the markbass ny 604 4x6. can't wait to go test it out.

7. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    what are you lacking on your sound anyway? The tone is bad on a well know good amp means either the amp either can't do what you wanted, i.e. valve driving tone or you misuse the amp so the tone is bad, i.e. over use of EQ and VLE/VPF control.

Set all EQ flat and turn off all VLE/VPF to start off and adjust your tone to your taste. It always work on most amp ......