Marleaux basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Anybody have one of these things? Their Consat custom 5-string is something I'm going to have to get someday. Just wondering how you would "rate" these basses against a GB or Fodera or Ritter or Hanewinckel or ....
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I don't own one, but played a signature model over the weekend. It was one of the nicest basses I've seen, very playable, excellent attention to detail, virtually perfect in every way!

The low B was good, but not as good as a Roscoe or my Jerzy Drozd Mastery VI, but still it was good enough I'd buy one if I had $5K layin' around!

I'd put it in the same class as an MTD, Fodera, Jerzy Drozd, Kenneth Lawrence, or Elrick.
  3. I played a Constat at a Guitar Show here in TX a couple years back. WOW! One of the smoothest, well-crafted, easy-to-play instruments I've picked up. One of those memorable instruments that makes a definite impression. Bass Player mag loved the M Bass too (I know I know, they love EVERY bass)

I could not figure out That programmable EQ but it is very deep. It'll do a lot.

If you can afford it, I bet you would not regret the purchase.:D
  4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Cool - thanks for the info. I definitely can't afford it! The awesome looks, build quality and that programmable eq make me want to though :)