1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Marleaux basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Anybody have one of these things? Their Consat custom 5-string is something I'm going to have to get someday. Just wondering how you would "rate" these basses against a GB or Fodera or Ritter or Hanewinckel or ....

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I don't own one, but played a signature model over the weekend. It was one of the nicest basses I've seen, very playable, excellent attention to detail, virtually perfect in every way!

The low B was good, but not as good as a Roscoe or my Jerzy Drozd Mastery VI, but still it was good enough I'd buy one if I had $5K layin' around!

I'd put it in the same class as an MTD, Fodera, Jerzy Drozd, Kenneth Lawrence, or Elrick.

3. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    I played a Constat at a Guitar Show here in TX a couple years back. WOW! One of the smoothest, well-crafted, easy-to-play instruments I've picked up. One of those memorable instruments that makes a definite impression. Bass Player mag loved the M Bass too (I know I know, they love EVERY bass)

I could not figure out That programmable EQ but it is very deep. It'll do a lot.

If you can afford it, I bet you would not regret the purchase.:D

4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Cool - thanks for the info. I definitely can't afford it! The awesome looks, build quality and that programmable eq make me want to though :)