1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Marleaux Diva fretless 5 bass MUST SEE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by goes to 11, Nov 27, 2017.

1. goes to 11

goes to 11 Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I had this custom made from Marleaux in Germany and never really got good at fretless. Its as new as you will find. MINT condition with sexy satin feel. I am the original owner and had it shipped from germany. (I also added a few pics of the actual build) I have more pics if you want them but these are pretty good and clear. You would have to wait 12-16 months to have one made AND you would have to pay expensive shipping AND expensive duty taxes. It is in ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING condition since it has sat in my closet. No nicks or dings that I could find at all. If you are reading this you know about Gerald Marleauxs work. VERY high end German craftsmanship for sure. Woods are mahogany body which is by far the best tonal wood for a fretless as every upright is mahogany. Paduak neck which goes thru body for better sustain and feel, top is highly figured signature burled poplar. The tuning pegs are not black, they are dark wood also. 3 position toggle switch I believe changes series/parallel giving varying degrees of depth or thinner jazz sound. This bass is HIGHLY ergonomic in that you can hold it up close to your face and play it like an upright which is why the upper horn is so long. Weighs in on my bathroom scale at a very comfortable 8.9 pounds. Also has a very cool unique comfortable thumb rest on the pickup. I had it custom made with larger/smaller dots exactly where the frets would go. You will find this on no other fretless basses. That makes sense and makes it easier to play. He never builds that way but told me it was a great idea. Delano quad coil pickup with 2 position switching. 19 MM string spacing and comfortable 34 inches scale neck. Triple octave extended range fretboard. Yes you heard right. Triple octave fretboard. He usually just puts lines but that gets confusing when looking at the side binding. Strap locks keep this bad boy secure.
    Comes with a well padded Marleaux gig bag and will be shipped INSURED to make sure you get it which will cost about 100.00 depending on how far. 750 positive feedback rating on eBay. No crazy lowball offers will be looked at. ONLY ship to a U.S. address - no exceptions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. DigthemLows

DigthemLows Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    that is a beautiful bass. I have the Large/Small dots on my Rob Allen. They work great!

goes to 11 likes this.
  3. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    Yes they work great . Way better than just fret lines. Marleaux never does them this way so I was glad he was willing to on his build.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    DigthemLows likes this.
  4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    That is a very unique looking bass. I don't usually go for that but I could see myself playing this bass...except I don't have $5,000.

loopee, MrLenny1 and goes to 11 like this.
  5. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    it is unique looking when you hold it more uptight it feels like an upright. I hate to let it go but its just not being played.

6. Sixgunn

Sixgunn

Jun 6, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I don't wait 30 minutes after eating, to go swimming.
    On the top of my covet list!!! Absolutely stunning!! GLWTS :)

goes to 11 likes this.
  7. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    They are outstanding and this one is as new as you can find. Are you interested in making an offer? PM me. thanks for your interest.

8. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    weight?

goes to 11 likes this.
  9. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    WOW. Stunning design.
    GLWTS

goes to 11 likes this.
  10. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    out of town until this weekend so will weigh it when I get back. Not heavy at all. very normal. most likely mid 8 pounds to low 9 pounds. Pm me for my phone number and quicker service.

11. Wow.

12. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    It is stunning indeed. It is also ergonomic in that you can hold it more upright if you want.

13. nozkcb

nozkcb Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Marleaux basses truly are meticulously created works of art. Gerald puts so much attention, thought and passion into his work, his creations are amazing. Funds aside, this would me mine in a second.

tonequixote and goes to 11 like this.
  14. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    yes I have had quite a few Marleauxs and each one is incredible. If I played fretless more I wouldn't sell this. I am also open to taking payments if that works for you.

15. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    Just got back in town. weighs on my bathroom scale at 8.9 pounds. It feels very normal.

16. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    any more questions on this Marleaux Diva fretless?

17. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    Still no trades?

18. nbsipics

nbsipics It's the Bass that makes them Dance Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    It doesn't get any better than this - only different!

If I didn't already have one... :)

19. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    nope don't want any trades.

xabicho likes this.