1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Marleaux JB Deluxe 5 string Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Brad Johnson, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    This was Marleaux Basses of Germany's top of the line Jazz bass. Burl Maple top and matching headstock. Whitewood body (similar to Ash). Birdseye maple neck, Pau Ferro fingerboard with mother of pearl block inlays. Marleaux electronics: two Marleaux special single coils ebony covered, 3-band active/passive eq with additional passive tone control. High gloss finish. Easily among the best of the super J basses. Originally $4k+. This is the bass that was on Marleaux's website. $2500.

No trades

jb_deluxe.

2. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Wow!!!Gorgeous!!!! :eek:

3. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Wow, Brad. Even with your incredible collection of basses, I'm surprised to see this one here. Wish I could buy it!

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Wait to you see what else is on the block;)

I probably won't sell everything I'm listing here on and on bassgear.com and I won't mind keeping whatever doesn't move.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    bump

6. bassplayer_1700

bassplayer_1700

Sep 26, 2009
    i own one too, these are incredible basses, very well built, excellent sound, excellent+ fretwork, etc

7. Gerard makes GREAT Basses!!! I would love to have some $$$$

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    It's been in it's new home for several months now, the new owner has a killer group of Marleauxs... don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

9. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I have a plain Jane version of this bass and it's been my go to bass for any gig for 10 years. Whatever whitewood is, it sounds great and I play all hard ash body basses. Here's a pic when I first bought it. It looks a bit different now.:D They don't make these any more. I wish they did. Killer 5 string J bass that you can bring to any gig or session. What's the weight on this one?