Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marleuax?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cosmicevan, Feb 13, 2003.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Just curious if anyone out there has played a Marleuax? It got a pretty sick review in Bass Player last month (the MBass that is)...I was wondering what are the thoughts of folks on this board.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Marleaux basses rock.

Gerald Marleaux and Tilman Antons make awesome basses.

www.marleaux-bass.de

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i have never tried a marleaux.

i have only to say that this bass is a pleasure to look at.

love the design and finish, if i will ever buy a boutique bass, marleaux will be on top of the list.

for sure

[​IMG]

4. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I've tried one of these & they are awesome.

The are perfectly built. The one I played had this really cool programmable EQ. I didnt get to play with it that long, but you can dial in a tone & then save it by flicking a switch. You an then dial in a totally different tone & switch back to the saved tone in the middle of a song.

Definatly on the must have basses list.

5. BassGruv

BassGruv

Nov 15, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I've got a Consat 6 (sorry, no pics - no digital cam)

It's a neck through with a ebony board.

Previous comments are all true. Mine plays VERY well, although a bit on the heavy side.

Great tone and the onboard programable EQ really lets you go for specific tonal spots. The six string is GREAT for soloing and chordal upper structures (that's LOTS of fun :D )

Although I must admit that this is more of a fusion machine than a rock beast. It's just got too much "culture", for lack of a better word, for rock.

At rock gigs I usually turn to my vintage P-Bass. It just has that well documented "thump". Hope this give a bit more info for ya!!

-Happy Hunting!!!

;)

6. wonderboy

wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002
    i played a nice 5 string, in a beautiful orange color a few months ago. it was amazing.

7. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    i have a jb-5 which sounds and feels great. except for the action, which cannot be lowered enough for my taste. i talked to tilman after he setup my bass and he said that this was due to the general construction attributes of the jazz bass design by leo fender. the service marleaux provides is great, they're very helpful and honest and stand behind their product.

but the instrument still is great.