1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Marley's kids

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassist15, May 2, 2006.

1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    I know that a couple of bob MArley's kids are recording artists , and I wanted to know if any of them are any good reggae artists. Ive heard that Damian Marley is good. Also which one of his kids has the album "Dragonfly" , someone recommended it to me and they said Flea plays bass on it.

2. i know the name Ziggy Marley, and i think he's pretty good, of course no bob, but good in his own right

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ziggy's pretty good. Damien (Jr. Gong) has 2 decent records under his belt, so far.

4. I saw Damian perform in Kaua'i two weeks ago. His live show is incredible. He seems to have inherited some of his father's charisma and social consciousness, and I hear echoes of Bob in his voice too. But Damian definitely has his own special thing going on. I'd describe it as a mix of reggae, dancehall, hip-hop, and r&b.

Stephen Marley (who worked with Ziggy in the Melody Makers and has produced on his own) co-produced/co-wrote the music on Damian's albums, and he performs on the as well.

5. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I've got a Ziggy live album on which he covers several Bob tunes, and he sounds just like his old dad! :cool: