1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marlin state of the art series Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matt-77, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Matt-77

Matt-77

Jun 15, 2007
    Birmingham Uk
  2. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    I knew a fella who had a Marlin guitar back in the late '80s, it was utter crap and I'd imagine this bass is the same if the seller here thinks £14 pickups will be an upgrade.

3. yeah, i had a marlin strat back in the early 90's bought it off a friend when i started.

it was a plywood body or a composite body not actual wood (think MDF) the neck on it was, well nasty........ thinking back it felt like how my status neck feels (light and fast) but really nasty and probably made of a hollowed out bit of driftwood LOL

* i am not saying the comparison to a status graphite neck, as a good thing for it. the neck of the marlin was FAR from anywhere near status' amazing standard. the marlin neck felt very insubstantial and weak, where the status feels light and strong.

4. musicman96

musicman96

Jan 15, 2014
    I actually own a marlin state of the art bass and it plays really well but there are a few issues, the neck is very weak so don't but any strings over about .95 on it and the pickups aren't wax potted so they are microphonic but mine aren't too bad and the machine heads are crap tbh

5. My first bass was the Marlin Sidewinder KB-24.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021