Maroon 5 anyone?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by iplaybass, Oct 19, 2003.

1. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Well, I've been gone for a while, but I've been listening to this band like crazy for almost 2 months now! Does anyone else have 'Songs about Jane'? Does anybody else think this is an awesome and funky cd? I absolutely the guitar work... and the bass is nice and fitting. So... anybody else out there a fan? I especially love the vocal harmonizing with the guitar and bass, very nicely done.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I think it's a good CD. My girlfriend has it and I have heard it many times. I really only care for a few of the tracks, though. (Number 2 is my favorite.) They're all talented musicians, no doubt.

I'm going to take my lady to see them in November.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    cool band & disc... I bought a copy.
  4. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I haven't heard them yet, but they played the Workplay club the 2 nights before we gigged there and they sold out both nights. Pretty big turnout in Birmingham, and the sound guy said they were pretty tight. I coulda snagged you some of their stage detritus, there were water bottles and junk all over the stage from the night before...
  5. They used to be called Kara's Flowers. They have a couple of CD's out under that name you should check out. It's more straight ahead power pop than the Maroon 5 stuff, but still really good.
  6. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I only heard that one song on MTV, " It's getting Harder the Breathe" is the chorus, not sure of the name. If the rest of the CD is like that I would get it, I dig that song and thier sound.
  7. ehh i heard that hard to breathe song. wayy annoying. cant stand this band.
  8. i love you people :). "the guitar is so sweet"...what guitar??~?? in harder to breath, the whole verse guitar is on keyboards. watch the video. the guitar palyer guy hits like..2 notes, and the lead singer only plays during the chorus. during the songs, all the cool distorted guitars are keyboards. not guitar. ;)

- w00t
  9. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Ahhh maybe you listen to a different version but the chorus is mostly guitar, definantly more then 2 tracks. Unless they have a killer sampler with amazing AI modulation (if that is even invented)then it is definantly guitar. The only keyboard I hear is some texture/color added in the backround in some parts of the song. Videos don't always dipict what they are actualyl playing (take Alien Ant Farm for example, they act like they are playing flight of the bumble bee when they are just playing a simple chord), use yours ears to hear what is played not your eyes to see what a director thinks will loook cool.

I love the Maroon 5 stuff. The rythm section is tight, and I love the vocal layers they do. Peaple don't gibe them enough credit.
  10. i said that there were guitars mostly in chorus. but yeah, i think the verse is keyboard. look at dream theater, that keyboard player can make distorted guitar. :)

- w00t
  11. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I liked the cd quite a bit when I first got it, but after runnign it through several plays, I only care for about 3 or 4 tracks. They have to much of "boy band" sound (which I can't take for very long) after listening to them for awhile. They rythms are nice and tight though-it is a well-done album.