Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Maroon 5

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by PhatBoi5, Feb 22, 2003.

1. anyone else totally mesmerized by this band. Such a fresh new flavor that is missing in music today. melodies are out of this world. download/Buy this CD immediatley.

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's good to know that I'm not the only M5 fan here!

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    yeah I really really like that one song that gets airplay. How are they live? they are coming here in a few weeks ..might check them out

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    They're good. I saw them at the Whiskey A GoGo in LA. Go see 'em!

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
  6. bassochist

bassochist

Dec 28, 2002
    Earth
    they have sevral really funky songs, but some of em are way too boy bandish for my tastes. however, ignoring the prissy boy bandy songs, M5 is really awesome. they sound a lot like the temptations in some songs. or perhaps its just me...

"the sun" (i think that was the title, something like that) is really funky.

and i thought me and my only other friend who is really serious about bass were the only people who thought they were at all good.

7. OneCoolDog

OneCoolDog

Oct 15, 2002
    Alabama, USA
    They were here earlier this week :) One of the guys in my computer class went.

8. A month or two ago they were on a late night show or two (carson or kilborn). Pretty good, sound a lot like a band that used to live here (I think) called Pomeroy. Pretty similar in sound, I'm sure you could download some off of the internet somewhere.

jtbp

9. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Concert is tomarrow night...debating if I really want to go, I really really dig them tough, but its a sunday night.