Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mars closing its California stores

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bassdadto2, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    Mars Music is closing down it's California Stores. Discount aren't that drastic so far, but they will certainly go down. All sales are final, and at this point, they are 10 to 30%off the lowest posted price.

Stores that i know of are Hollywood, Santa Ana, Cerritos, and Orange.

Go Get 'em GAS heads!

2. I wonder if the las vegas ones will follow? mmmmm, cross my fingers.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Closing?!:eek: You mean no one was willing to pay $2499 for a Flea bass 4?!

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    The stores in Denver are closing also. I can't say that I'm sad to see them go. The ones that I went in were overpriced and they wouldn't budge. Therefore, I never bought anything from them.

5. Whoa. I live right next to the one in orane, so maybe I'll check it out. Never know, may find something good...

6. Hmm...rate this thread? Why can't I use this feature and why isn't it in any other forum?

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I don't know, but this is definitely a Five Star Thread!!! :confused:

8. Someone rated it! Who was it? Big Wheel? I wanna rate threads....

9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I just left Mars a little while ago and there's not much happening on the deal front. The guys there said that they plan to be open for another 8 to 12 weeks. I really don't think that they will have a lot of crazy deals going on. They're not closing all of their stores. I've got a feeling that anything that doesn't sell for what they feel is appropriate prices will be shipped out to their other locations.

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    They won't be shipping 'em to Atlanta. They're closing those too!

11. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Okay, that's California, Colorado and Georgia. What markets are staying open? In my area I dislike all of the chain stores. Ideally I would like to see just enough of them to keep the independents honest.

Woodchuck, I've got to make a trip to Atlanta this summer. I know, it's still a while away. I want to try some of the gear that I'm not able to find here in Denver and it sounds as if you guys have a little more variety to choose from. I'll be staying in Peachtree City?. Got any suggestions for me to put away for the trip?

12. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I believe the store in Cherry Hill, NJ will be closing, or already has closed.

13. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
  14. ebozzz check out midtown music, which of course is in midtown.

15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Not I. I don't use the "Rate thread" feature.

16. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks for the advice Thulsa! *** Ebozzz opening files, storing information and now closing file*** :D