1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mars Effects Tube Preamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by depalm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    Does anybody knows This Preamp?

Just found it interesting. Not affiliated with seller.

2. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    anyone?

3. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    It looks a lot like my EBS valvedrive but has two tubes instead of one. Looks competitive at its price point.

4. DannyBob

DannyBob

Aug 28, 2013
    UK
    I'm tempted with it. Been looking for a Peavey Max rack preamp for while here in the UK and can't seem to find any. Plus, the added benefit of the pedal for portability me be useful

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    I never saw that one before. it looks like it's well made. IMO, if it sounds as good as it looks, it's a bargain.

6. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    That looks sweet. Valvedrive/V-Twin mashup without the dumb treadplate. Someone get one and report back!

7. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    anyone get one? interested

8. I have one. It comes with a 24 volt power adapter. I assume 6 volts for the blue lights around the tubes. The pedal sounds smooth and gets boomy easily. Plenty of bass even with everything set at 12 o'clock. I love it even though I haven't worked out how to control it yet.