Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mars Going out of business sale finds???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by King David, Nov 15, 2002.

1. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    Has anyone found any real good bargans at the Mars going out of business sale?

2. amac

amac

Oct 9, 2002
    Commerce, Georgia
    I got a Modulus Q6 from an Atlanta store for $1500 about a month before their "going out of business sale." They were dropping the other Quantum (5 string w/ EMG's) down to $1500 also.
    [​IMG]

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Nice grab there amac.

4. At the Mars auction in Natick, Mass, I saw a guy snag a Modulus Q6 for $1100, and another guy grab a Roland V-Bass for $350!!!!

The Modulus was out of my price range (even though it went at a great price) and the V-Bass I didn't see until the auction was over. Oh, well...

Let me tell you, it sucked to be an unemployed guy at that auction. I could have gotten some nice stuff if I wasn't broke. :(

5. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    It's about 8:00 now and at 10:00 when the store opens I'm going to go get my brand new fender p-bass (WOOHOO!) for at least 20% and maybe 30% off depending on if they've dropped the prices again like they said they would. I got some Seymour Duncan Lightning Rod P-bass pickups this Tuesday for $40 and they usually sell for $100.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Than again I got a set of lightnin' rod jbass pups from the Guitar Center closeout table for 30 bucks once. I also got some Antiquity j's for 30 bucks that day.

brad cook

7. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I just got a BRAND NEW SWR SM-900 for $860!!!

They were also selling a megoliath and a henry the 8x8 for under $800 each!!

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow...now THAT'S a deal.

brad cook

9. Octane

Octane

Apr 27, 2002
    A guy on another bass message board said he got a MIA Fender Jazz for 300

10. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    I dont think I have any more stores near me and they're damned website is still down. I wanna get in their and grab a deal!

11. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Anyone know of any stores in Washington State? :D

12. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I couldn't help myself, I went back to mars and picked up the SWR Megoliath for 760!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH BLESS THE DEAL!!

OMG this rig is the most incredible thing I have heard ever, it has pretty much every tone I could ever possibly imagine, and it delivers all with incredible crisp clean beautiful deep growly tone. There is nothing more I could ever want in my tone. I am set for a very long time:D .