Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mars music,musicians friend?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eric atkinson, May 23, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey all is there any other places like these? Iam trying to find a big place that will take a co-applicant on there credit card because my credit sucks major ass! Thanks all1

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    You might be able to find some place that has a "special program" for bad credit, but don't expect them to offer the same discount prices. You'd get the same prices at a local store probably.

3. bassics

bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    Keep in mind that these mail-order music dealers are a risk at best, I have heard WAY too many times of people being ripped off with crappy merchandise ( even merchandise with good reputations) because they buy factory seconds and rejects to save money. If you are not satisfied with the merchandise, and they argue the "warrantee" you'll end up being screwed.
    Musician's Friend, in particular, has a reputation of their "warrantee" not being worth the paper it's written on.
    I have a personal rule that if I can't play it beforehand, I won't buy it. and I ONLY buy from a store that I can walk into.

4. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I've had good experiences with MF. In fact, I had one bass not too long ago that I returned to them.

They took it back no questions asked, credited my account, and also offered to pay for the return shipping.

As for Mars, I think they are overpriced and they do not maintain the new instruments on the wall very well.

5. I've seen many positive comments about Chuck Levin's in Washington DC. They respond promptly to email and quote requests.