Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mans0n, Jan 4, 2004.

1. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    Anyone else following this?

I watched it all night, even spent a few hours in a chatroom with a couple folks from JPL. Quite exciting! we're on mars again! its so beautiful, can you imagine..... we sent a little spacecraft from earth and landed it within 1 mile of where we wanted of a planet billions of miles away!

Color pictures should be arriving soon, the JPL guys said they would be getting back 10gigabytes (10,000megabytes) of data for each of the missions 90 days, thats nearly 1 terabyte of data!

here is some initial photos:

2. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
  3. wow thanks man! i was looking for some good pics from this thing. i've been following this on the news, they're going kinda crazy about it on these late night new shows. im ready to see what kind of new info we'll get from nasa. if i decide to major in physics (going to college next year) i might consider looking into nasa for a job. i would love to work there! :)
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    very cool man.....i went to the link, and it just sat there tellin me to "standby for live shots"....i am impatient, so i scurried off to instead.

5. Bugger - we were hoping to get Beagle2 up and running, but then the US beat us to it. I guess Blur won't be playing on Mars after all...

6. goes to show what a state the British motor industry is in these days, eh?