Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

marshall 3560

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bob04, Aug 29, 2005.

1. bob04

bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    has anyone had any experience with the marshall 25th jubilee series bass amps?, i have the chance to buy the 3560 head whch is 2x300watt channels so 600 watt overall. However, i have not been able to find anything about them on the internet. I want to know about reliability, tone etc.

2. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    This doesn't directly answer your question, but it might be of some help...

I've heard of the 3560 Jubilee, and I think I saw one in a music store back in Texas, but that would be several years ago. Never played with one, though... sorry. However, I do own a Marshall VBA400, and it is one monster of a bass amplifier! :eek: Since we are talking Marshall products here, I can tell you that my VBA is built like a tank (almost weighs as much as one at 80 pounds!). It is 400 watts of all-tube power, and when you get her all warmed-up, she performs with the sweetest over-driven tones your ears have ever heard. The thing is... you gotta have her cranked-up a little, because at low volume, she just don't sound quite right... :( I usually play her through a Bergantino NV215 cabinet.

Again, while this doesn't directly answer your question, as a Marshall product, I've found this bass head to be masterfully constructed, a top performer, and it has been everything I would expect from a Jim Marshall offering... ;)

3. diamondsplit

diamondsplit Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2012
    N.J
    The VBA400 are great. i had the Lemmy 1992 signature head and the VBA was a better head no doubt.

4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

I had one, couldn't dump it fast enough. It was loud, but the tone wasn't there.

5. Metalway

Metalway

May 5, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I own the VBA 400 and it's my favorite head by far. I have tried also Lemmy's and it's very good but not as versatile as expected.

6. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    B-string likes this.
  7. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

8. diamondsplit

diamondsplit Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2012
    N.J
    Thanks I thought I would be the only one that thought it was not a great head. I bought it at Alto Music for only 1,200 bucks because it was a floor model. They were over 2,000 new I did not like it one bit. I had to pull my Peavey mark IV head out and use that. The Peavey is better sounding head then I bought a Markbass TA 501 its a great head but it did not seem that loud at 500 watts. Then I found AMP BH 420 and this head is incredible its more versatile then a Markbass and much louder. I have no desire to buy another head and for 325 bucks I will match this up with the all the top brands of today