Marshall 7200???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yvette, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Hi all,

After finding some interesting information on using my old guitar amp for bass, I was wondering if anyone is familiair with the Marshall 7200 bass serie.
    I'm looking for classic rock and (melodic) punk sounds (Foxton-Jam. Au Pairs, Hole, Cure, Skunk Anensie).
    I was thinking of first buying a (or the) 15" cab, later a (or the-7200 I mean) head, and finally add the 4*10" cab.
    For those who don't know the amp (it's on the Marshall site off course) it's 200 watts hybride (tube pre amp).
    It has lot of EQ options ust be fine for the little slapping and funking and jazzing I do at home, but most important is the (punk)rock sound, so if you have other suggestions, they are very welcome, but keep in mind all cabs has to be 8 ohm in order to use them with my guitar amp aswell.
    Thanks in advance.

2. those 200 watts may not be enough to push both the 15" and the 4 x 10"

Are you from the netherlands by the way?
  3. Yes I'm from the Netherlands. The whole set up is on the Marshall website as sort of belonging together, so I think it must have enough power to make the speakers work.
    Another set up I thought abouT (from internet search and not by hearing ore trying them allready) is the Ampeg V-4BH, but that has only 100 watts (allthough that one is 100% tube driven).
    Well I hope to get more comments, and if i have some moments off I will go and try out some stuff.

4. I tried the one the 1X15 combos out in a store a while ago...had a good punchy rock sound. I liked it a lot but they sold it a few days later so I missed out. For some reason the Marshall bass stuff isn't that popular or easy to find here in the States but I really liked the sound.
  5. phil_chew

Mar 22, 2000
    I don't own them, but I have played through the Marshall 7200 head and cabinets before. Actually, they don't sound bad at all.