1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Marshall anniversary cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fredaschp, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Hello !

A friend of mine is selling his rig. One Marshall 25ht anniversary 215, one One Marshall 25ht anniversary 410 and one ( I think) Crappy old Pevey head.

For the price he is asking I would get the amp more or less for free. And the only thing I'm after are the cabs. But I dont know anything about them, do you ?

They are kind of special looking, since they are purple. :eek:

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Purple......... I WANT SOME TOO!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who uses a Marshall 4x10 cab. It's not the aniversary model, 800w at 4 ohms - very loud, nice enough sound but BLOODY HEAVY! I reckon this thing would weigh close to 80kg (160lbs). I shudder to think what the 2x15 would weigh?

Plug em in, have a listen, see how they go.

It's a good thing he's not selling you the Marshall amp. The fuse is inside the unit making it hard to get to. And when a fuse blows, there's amini-explosion in the cab thay fry's surrounding components. It costs him Aus$100 to get it fixed every time and apparently there's no way to prevent it happening.......... makes you wonder if guitarists have the same trouble?

3. Thanks Pete ! Yeah i'll try them out, and we will see.......

They are really beutiful with that discreat paintjob :)