Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall B150 Problems!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vomortis, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Vomortis

Vomortis

Dec 9, 2002
    Hi - My band's got a very important gig this Saturday (14th) and my bass amps decided to pack up. I live on a small island at the bottom of the UK (Guernsey) and all of the people who have any experience in fixing bass amps have gone on holiday, probably 1000000's of miles away by now! uh oh...

Well, to get to the point, my step-dad has agreed to try and fix it today. He knows nothig about bass amps, so I'd appreciate any "pointers" as to what might have gone wrong.

It's a marshall B150 combo. I'm not sure what happend when it stopped working, cause I'd lent it to a friend for a church service (but its unlikely she was playing it at loud volumes). When I push the on swich, it makes the normal "poooof" noise, but no sound comes out of it when I play, and the LED for "on" doesn't light up. I can also hear the hum of electricity coming from it, as normal. I've tried different kettle leads, bass leads and power adaptors, but there's still no life.

Any ideas?