Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall B30 Problems...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Leeum, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Leeum

Leeum

Aug 21, 2004
    England, UK
    Hi there,

I've got a Marshall Bass-State B30 which is nearly 2 years old. Last night I plugged in and started playing (as you do) then it just started making a loud buzzing noise regardless of what volume it was on :eyebrow:

I decided to call it a night and hoped it would be ok in the morning. Woke up this morning and switched it on to hear the same buzzing noise again...shortly after a hard a crackle and the power LED went white and I was greeted with the lovely smell of burning :( My first thought was one of the tubes had gone but when the LED went white and switched off I'm not so sure, I can't bring myself to turn it back on.

IIRC, the amp has a lifetime guarantee (I should hope so aswell, I payed £170 for a 30W amp!) so I've just been on the Marshall website and according to them there's nowhere I can ring in England for support. Does anyone know how you return the amps to marshall?

I'm confused though..... the amp has hardly been used, once a week maybe and it's a Marshall....I'd expect something cheaper to die on me :scowl:

Any help appreciated lads,

Liam

2. Leeum

Leeum

Aug 21, 2004
    England, UK
    Ok well, I've e-mailed Marshall. I just hope their returns live up to their name.

[​IMG]

I popped her open to have a look and this is the only thing I can see wrong. I don't wanna replace it though as it has obviously fused for a reason....anyone any ideas?

Cheers

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, don't hear much about Marshall bass amps on this side of the pond.

I've always wanted to get my mitts on one hoping they're as good as their guitar stuff, but who knows.

4. Leeum

Leeum

Aug 21, 2004
    England, UK
    Ok well on closer inspection there's a component under the heatsink which has fried, probably a mosfet.

Got in touch with Sound Control and looks like I'm in luck. The labour gets done for nothing because I signed up for the extended warranty with Marshall but it costs me £20 to cover shipping costs.

Can't grumble I suppose, it is 2 years old :meh: