Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall Bass Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaymeister99, Aug 23, 2005.

1. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Anybody know an online retailer for Marshall Amps besides the small practice amps? Ive looked all over but only seem to come up with some in the UK.

Checked their site for US retailers and they dont have any bass amps listed in the pulldown menu. Do they sell larger (150W+) bass amps in the US?

2. I tried google, theres a place in Cali- http://www.bananas.com/ They only seem to have the VBA400, the 400watt all tube head. I've never used them before though so I can't comment on their buisness practices.

3. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Looking more for the bass cabs in the United States, but I'll check out that one site. Im starting to think they dont sell em in the states.

4. jaymeister99

jaymeister99

Aug 2, 2005
    Did some more searches, that bananas.com is the only one Ive found. Insane the prices on these heads! The VBA400 is $1,500 for just the 400w head. Guess if you want the best you got to pay for it.

Strange how a company so famous for making great amps doesnt make much for basses. the only other amps there were cabs, and the prices arent too insane. The VBC412 is a 400w 4x12, 4ohm cab for $700.

5. Thats a pretty reasonable price. That 400W head is all tube. A Mesa 400+, Ampeg SVT, SVT-II, and Eden VT300A cost around the same or more. A USED Eden 410XLT goes for around $700 and SWR Goliath 3's are around that much new.