Marshall BassState B150 VS SWR Workingman '15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer#dan, Feb 14, 2005.

1. What do you think of this amp? I own a Peavye TKO but its second hand and old so its quite damaged thats why I need something new, and louder. I tried an old B60 and it sounded so nice, very percusive, so I think this amp could be good too.

I havent played any SWR but they look well too so Im trying to decide which I should buy for gigging and jamming and that stuff, I need them to be reliable and trusty worthy.

If you think these amps suck, could you recommend me some other models in the same price range? thanks in advance.
  2. I own a B150 and i'm happy with it. A lot of people moan about Marshall bass amps, but I don't have a problem with it all, nice sound, goes fairly loud, and very reliable. I haven't played an SWR though.
  3. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    i used an SWR workingmans 15 combo regularly for 4 years, and it was really solid. i havent even seen a marshall bass amp, so i cant comment on those, but my experience with the swr was a good one
  4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    i've tried the basstate 150 amp, its almost the worst amp i played on, muddy tone, not loud enough on rehearsals, its clips and woofs too much. marshall should just make guitar amps and cabs
  5. Leeum

Aug 21, 2004
    England, UK
    I recorded with a Marshall B150 and the sound was great, loads of low end and can gives a really punchy tone if you play with the settings.

I also own a B30 (which is being sold soon due to lack of cash) and it's been a great practice amp, admittedly it is really underpowered.