Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall BassState B150 VS SWR Workingman '15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayer#dan, Feb 14, 2005.

1. What do you think of this amp? I own a Peavye TKO but its second hand and old so its quite damaged thats why I need something new, and louder. I tried an old B60 and it sounded so nice, very percusive, so I think this amp could be good too.

I havent played any SWR but they look well too so Im trying to decide which I should buy for gigging and jamming and that stuff, I need them to be reliable and trusty worthy.

If you think these amps suck, could you recommend me some other models in the same price range? thanks in advance.

2. no one? please.

3. I own a B150 and i'm happy with it. A lot of people moan about Marshall bass amps, but I don't have a problem with it all, nice sound, goes fairly loud, and very reliable. I haven't played an SWR though.

4. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i used an SWR workingmans 15 combo regularly for 4 years, and it was really solid. i havent even seen a marshall bass amp, so i cant comment on those, but my experience with the swr was a good one

5. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    i've tried the basstate 150 amp, its almost the worst amp i played on, muddy tone, not loud enough on rehearsals, its clips and woofs too much. marshall should just make guitar amps and cabs

6. Leeum

Leeum

Aug 21, 2004
    England, UK
    I recorded with a Marshall B150 and the sound was great, loads of low end and can gives a really punchy tone if you play with the settings.

I also own a B30 (which is being sold soon due to lack of cash) and it's been a great practice amp, admittedly it is really underpowered.