Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall Combo... any good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dawgawd, Jun 12, 2001.

1. dawgawd

dawgawd

Mar 23, 2000
    Maine
    Okay, I play guitar and bass, I find myself to be more into guitar than bass... even though i'm probably better at bass than guitar and probably not too good at either. I recently came across a bit of money thanks to graduation and am now contemplating purchasing a new amp. Here are what I currently own for amps....

Rogue bottom of the line crap amp (if not for the handy built in tuner, i'd have set this on fire by now)
    Crate GFX 15 (can't handle anything lower than an Eb on my 5 string even on lower volumes)
    A borrowed Harmony (20w?) strangely, this amp isn't that bad considering it's from a horrible brand name.

I was considering getting a Marshall G 80 RCD.

I would use this amp for playing alone at home at unnecessarily loud volumes, and maybe jamming with friends. I probably would not gig with it, major reason being, i have no band. I am wondering if anybody could give me feedback on this amp. thanks.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've seen 'em in catalogs and, from the looks of them, I don't think they're going to sound too great. That's just how I feel. Other people may have better reasons why they don't sound good.