1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marshall ibs 3540 bi-amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AnthonyMaine, Oct 31, 2013.

1. AnthonyMaine

AnthonyMaine

Oct 30, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm a new user to the forum. I've never owned an amp like this marshall but took a chance and spent $150 having this old guy refurbished.

I usually use a peavey power amp with a sansamp RBI and a sansamp psa 1. I am interested in running my Ampeg svt-810e in dual mode with my marshall ibs. I'd like to bi-amp it but even with the manual I've been unable to figure it out. Full range sounds really good. I'm hoping that this will sound great bi amped. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

image-2.

image.

image-1.

2. Hi.

Welcome to TalkBass AnthonyMaine.

Why would You want to biamp a cab with AFAIK the exactly same 4+4 drivers?

Regards
    Sam

3. AnthonyMaine

AnthonyMaine

Oct 30, 2013
    Hello Sam, they are the same drivers. I was hoping just to make this work in bi amp mode. If it works well I would like to get a 15 to put with my 4x10

4. Hi Anthony.

Had to RTFM to even guess, and the very "Marshall" way of explaining things still left me confused.

BUT, as anything Marshall IMO is done for cavemen, by cavemen, I think I found the answer on page 5 of http://www.drtube.com/schematics/marshall/ibs.pdf.

If I understood that correctly, You patch the hi-/lo-outs to the power amp ins.
    That should defeat any internal routing.

Newer amps AFAIK use internal routing and switches for the task, but it seems that these Marshalls don't.

Even though You're going to bi-amp the 115+410 combo, prepare to recieve tons of criticism on that particular combination ;).
    But then again, I rock 2 EV TL505's, so who am I to criticize anyone :).

Regards
    Sam