Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall IBS problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tenchu, Feb 3, 2005.

1. After playing for about an hour or an hour and a half, the sound from my amp fades away while distorting very slightly. It's the same sound as when I turn the amp switch off while letting the last note ring. After a few (sometimes 10-20) the sound comes back and then after another few seconds it fades away again. I'm pretty sure it's my head that causes this. It's a 200w Marshall Integrated Bass System I bought second hand and this problem only came up recently. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

2. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    Possibley(sp) a thermal protection device is coming in, this could cause it to turn itself off and on.

Does it have heat outlets and inlets? Try putting a fan to blow some cool air through. If this doesn't sort it, try contacting the Marshall Custom Services, see if they can help you. From what i know they are incredibley helpful with problems.

Good Luck

3. It does have a fan, but I'll check it out.
    It doesn't really turn itself off completely: the sound just goes away. And I think I'll do the latter sometime soon.